Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Open Days. Part 2

The Yellow Challenge also an Aotearoa Challenge was the second loaned travelling exhibit we had last weekend. Some of our members had entered. I have covered most but not all the entries. ( click to enlarge ) 


The winner was the 5 bees at the bottom here. Bees and honeycomb were a popular theme. All entries measured 12 by 12" 








 The varied quilting on the bird here was so clever - it gave the mottle speckled appearance that was  just right.



 Here are some of the visitors enjoying a cuppa and a sit down and chat.


1 comment:

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

You've reminded me that I need to blog about the yellow quilts too. It was great to see them all together, but I still think I liked the green ones last year more. That's probably because I like green more than yellow. Thank you for sharing them.