Sunday, May 07, 2017

Foraging.

I've been out foraging......... Well that's not strictly true as it was all on our own property and we planted the respective trees. Anyway I was well pleased to find the last few Avocados had dropped to the ground and were still usable. ( the birds had been into lots of others ) 
 The first sapotes ( custard apples ) looked ready enough to pick a few ( that's the green round ones at the back )
 The persimmons are now colouring up and I know the birds and wasps are into them so I picked some that will ripen inside.
 We are getting this bowl full of feijoas ( pineapple guavas to my Oz friends ) every 3 days . They are strange trees...in that 2 months ago I would have said we will get 50 total, but as they get larger and begin to fall there is a never ending stream of them ( I'm not complaining ).
 Of course the kiwifruit will be ready to pick when it's our turn - hopefully with in the next 2 weeks.

2 comments:

notHamilton said...

😍

Raewyn said...

Looking Yum! I was a bit slow with our persimmons - we only got a few. The birds must have been extra hungry as they started on them when they had barely changed colour!