Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Coldest day so Far.

As forecast the weather is cold. Even here in BOP. The further est I have ventured today was to pick some broccoli I knew was ready. As there is not a lot ready in the vege garden at present I wanted to pick the first head at the tight young stage.
Grown in a raised tub the sides get heat for growth more than plants in the ground.

********
 I have been working on these. Each is a pile of 15. Each 15 is now joined in a long line top to bottom. ( 165 hexagons here.) ( More to do. )
 We have a long quilting weekend at my P and Q group, starting tomorrow with Midnight Madness. We start at 10 am and keep going as long as we can, with shared Pizzas dinner . I hope to get lots done.
 ******
 Yesterday I finished reading this .
 All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr.

 I would recommend it as a very good read. The only thing I wish is that authors would put the chapters in a more chronological order.
 There are 4 more books by this author( previously unknown to me ) that I can hunt down.
 Keep warm everyone in NZ.

2 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

hope you are keeping warm .. sounds as if the P&Q party might just do the job of that for you x

Pam said...

So strange thinking of its being cold anywhere when it's warm summer here. I know it is; it's just hard to imagine. Keep warm!