Saturday, August 12, 2017

Some Lovely Show and Tell.

Having been unwell for the last 10- 12 days it was great to be back among friends at Patchwork and Quilting yesterday.
 There were many many quilts members had finished to share with us. These 3 are my favourites.
 Liz M made this bold bright mainly Kaffe Fassette fabric quilt. She did not add the mustard coloured border Kaffe advised but opted for this floral which really worked. It was the thin bright watermelon coloured border that made the quilt sing. Wow! Lots of fussy cutting involved with the blocks.

 Also bright was Muriel's Millefiori quilt from our Chris Kenna class.

 Believe me this quilt is hours of work.

 Also hours  of work, make that years of work was Ruth W's all hand pieced and  hand quilted, king sized lozenge quilt. with a wide red border.
 Ruth can't remember when she started it but I know she was making it when I first met her so that is 12 years ago.

 ***** 
Also making progress is my Sew Many Flowers Quilt.

 I now have  4 rows more to add. Each row has 30 seams.  ( 15 hex ) 
 I timed how long it takes to sew one seam. 7 minutes. So that is 210 minutes  each row .( 3.5 hours ) 
 I am now totally tired of it but am determined to have it finished and ready for our Exhibition next month.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Such beautiful quilts Ali and so much work and love put into them all.
So sorry to hear you have been unwell. Hope you are picking up now and feeling better.

Deb said...

Ali, I forgot to tell you I have started up my blog again.
New name, all fresh. Lets hope it goes. well http://stitchingagain.blogspot.co.nz/
Deb

Janice said...

Gosh, you have all been productive. I'm sure you will get yours done fairly soon.

Pam said...

Wow. Very wow.