Sunday, February 11, 2018

Rain, Rain.....

 Rain. Rain. Rain. These Asters were just beginning to flower and look quite bright and breezy...that was before the rain started. They don't look nearly so good mud splattered and with drooping heads.  Picking veges in the rain isn't much fun either.   Oh well.
 Yesterday I did a little stitch work. Yes, you read that right. I stitched! It was so long since I had worked on this Walkway wall hanging I had to start another lot of notes for myself about thread colour ; stitch length etc. At the moment I am thread painting. ( sort of ) securing all the rushes and bushes that have fine pointy edges.
 I will do some more today.
 On Friday we had our first P and Q meeting for the year. There because I didn't want to lug my machine I started putting together felt ball # 27. I could see to do that inside on another wet dull light day.

 From this coming Wednesday I may have to become left handed for a while. I have been trying to think ahead and complete  many jobs  that require right handed skills, or both hands .
 I will let you know how I go and what I am having done after that time - if I can type. Surely I can do that left handed...we shall see. 

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

I sure would take any rain you don't want..........It was so dry I didn't even bother trying the vegie garden this year..........last year was a total waste of time........
Goodluck with the hand......

Pip said...

Would love a bit of that rain here in Adelaide too :)
I reckon you will adjust to only being able to use one hand for a while, typing is definitely slower, more the hunt and peck style of typing.

loulee said...

It was raining here too, for most of yesterday, but we had a beautiful sunny evening, just in time to send Mr H outside to BBQ dinner! Hope all goes well with your right hand.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope that whatever you're having done on the right hand is successful! It is possible to write a post with the left hand - I did this after carpel tunnel surgery - it just took forever! We are also having downpours her in Auckland, my white dahlias are drooping like crazy and turning a lovely shade of brown before I can get out there to cut them!

Joolz said...

We had a drenching rain last night but it was all dried up this morning. Our weather is all over the place. We have 2 hot days then its back to 20C then windy and I hate the wind! Good luck with your hand!